Procurement & Inventory Management
The strategic importance of transparent and accountable procurement in the cost-efficient delivery of quality goods, works and services, and as a vital weapon in the battle against corruption, is now recognised by governments worldwide.
Inventory management is the process of efficiently and effectively managing the flow of goods in the supply chain. This process involves managing inventory to ensure that levels are neither too high nor too low. Competent inventory management controls the costs associated with the inventory, both from the perspective of the total value to the supply chain.
This programme develops the contemporary strategic skills and techniques required to implement the most up-to-date procurement strategies and policies. It drills down into the key areas of risk management, corruption and ethics and the monitoring and evaluation of procurement performance, addressing all of the key challenges which procurement functions will face.
Upon the completion of this programme, you will be able to:
- Prepare long-, medium- and short-term procurement strategic & operational plans.
- Develop procurement organization capable of implementing the procurement strategy.
- Lead and manage the implementation of the procurement strategies and plans.
- Promote the vital strategic importance of the procurement function.
- Develop detailed and realistic procurement strategies.
- Implement risk management processes, considering risks including cyber-attacks, modern day slavery and geopolitical threats.
- Create strategies that minimise corruption and encourage greater integrity.
- Design and confidently use tools for monitoring procurement performance.
- Apply the latest team development techniques to improve performance.
- Understand thoroughly the fundamentals of inventory management
- Understand the impacts of SCM on inventory management
- Understand warehouse design and layout
- Procurement and inventory management basics and their role in the supply chain
- Basic methods for analysis and planning in procurement and inventory management
- Strategic and operational procurement process
- Static and dynamic stock-keeping and replenishment policies
- Supplier relationship management and collaboration in the supply chain
- Information flow and financial flow in procurement processes
Module 5: Delivering Your Presentation
- Advanced optimization tools for sourcing organizations
Each module focuses on clear objectives and skill demonstrations that can be easily linked to real life instances.
Well-balanced theoretical and practical methodology, which includes interactive discussions, case studies, interactive activities/exercises and assignments to understand the concepts and their applicability.
- 5-Day Training
- Course Notes
- Nationally Recognized and Internationally Accredited Certification
- Tea/Coffee Breaks
- Working Lunches
- Training materials (Soft file)
- An evening of Thai culture emersion - River Cruise.
Participants must have attended the sessions at least 80% in order to receive a CERTIFICATE from Bangkok School of Management.
|November||27- 01 December||2023
USD 2,150 / per person
(Exclusive of VAT )
- 2-4 pax: 2.5%
- 5-7 pax: 5%
- 8-10 pax: 10%
- 11-13 pax: 15%
- 14-16 pax: 20%