Logistics & Supply Chain Management
Through the Logistics & Supply Chain Management training programme, participants will understand Business Logistics from the perspective of the Integrated Supply Chain Process. Logistics refers to all activities that move product and information to and from members of a supply chain.
The supply chain provides a framework for bringing products from businesses to suppliers to customers efficiently. The Logistics & Supply Chain Management training programme aims to train and develop future leaders and managers in the fast-growing Logistics & Supply chain sector. A highly integrated programme, participants would acquire knowledge and understanding of multiple facets of supply chain business including purchasing, materials management, supply chain management, transportation, customs regulations, foreign exchange, international trade and information technology among various other aspects.
Upon the completion of this programme, you will be able to:
- Evaluate both domestic and international transportation problems and innovatively create solutions
- Understand thoroughly all process in shipping, warehouse managing, distribution systems, process, and strategy to ensure a smooth product distribution in regional as well as international level
- Describe how modern manufacturing and services are intertwined.
- Describe how supply chain networks can be affected by disruptions and innovations.
- List and describe the two steps in global supply chain design.
- List and describe the five steps in global supply chain formation.
- Describe what Governance Formation involves.
- List and describe the types of Supplier Asset Specificity.
- Describe risks to supply chains.
- Describe the aim of Supply Chain Risk Management.
- List the elements of a Supply Chain Ecosystem.
- Describe and give examples of resource uncertainties.
- Describe and give examples of economic and political related uncertainties.
- List the characteristics of Wicked problems.
- Describe Cyber risks and the elements of a cyber attack.
- List the six strategies to reduce overall risk exposure
Module 1: Understanding Logistics and Supply Chain
- Definitions of logistics and supply chain management
- History and the development
- Understanding the supply chain dynamics
- International and global logistics
- Supply Chain Operations Reference Models (SCOR)
- The Theory of Constraints (TOC)
Module 2: Transportation Economics
- The role of transportation in logistics
- Management key decisions
- Types of mode or intermodal system
- International commercial terms in transportation and the liabilities
- Documentation in transportation
Module 3: Performance, Risk, and Warehouse Management
- Key performance indicator (KPI)
- Warehouse management: role in the supply chain, flows, and equipment selection
- Supply chain risks: operational, inventory, exchange rates, financial, disruption, and security
Module 4: Procurement in Supply Chain
- The difference between procurement and purchasing
- What is the role of procurement and purchasing?
- Support operational requirements
- Manage the procurement process and the supply base
- Develop strong relationships with other functional groups
- Team roles and responsibilities
Module 5: Inventory Management
- Statistics in inventory management
- Financial in inventory management
- Selective inventory control management
- Understanding inventory status
- Reducing excess and obsolete inventory
- Improving the organization’s logistics and supply chain
Each module focuses on clear objectives and skill demonstrations that can be easily linked to real life instances.
Well-balanced theoretical and practical methodology, which includes interactive discussions, case studies, interactive activities/exercises and assignments to understand the concepts and their applicability.
- 5-Day Training
- Course Notes
- Nationally Recognized and Internationally Accredited Certification
- Tea/Coffee Breaks
- Working Lunches- Training materials (Soft file)
- An evening of Thai culture emersion - River Cruise.
Participants must have attended the sessions at least 80% in order to receive a CERTIFICATE from Bangkok School of Management.
|November||27- 01 December||2023
USD 2,150 / per person
(Exclusive of VAT )
- 2-4 pax: 2.5%
- 5-7 pax: 5%
- 8-10 pax: 10%
- 11-13 pax: 15%
- 14-16 pax: 20%