IB Preparation Programme
The International Baccalaureate programme (IB) is a standardized test for high school students aged 16 to 19. The preparation course at Bangkok School of Management deals with the IB Diploma Programme, courses are offered in every IB subject including Economics, Business, Math and the various disciplines of science. Tutoring for IB sessions can either be one-on-one or group session.
The curriculum is made up of the DP core and six subject groups.
Made up of the three required components, the DP core aims to broaden students’ educational experience and challenge them to apply their knowledge and skills.
The three core elements are:
- Theory of knowledge, in which students reflect on the nature of knowledge and on how we know what we claim to know.
- The extended essay, which is an independent, self-directed piece of research, finishing with a 4,000-word paper.
- Creativity, activity, service, in which students complete a project related to those three concepts.
The six subject groups are:
- Studies in language and literature
- Language acquisition
- Individuals and societies
- The arts
Students will take some subjects at higher level (HL) and some at standard level (SL). HL and SL courses differ in scope but are measured according to the same grade descriptors, with students expected to demonstrate a greater body of knowledge, understanding and skills at higher level.
Each student takes at least three (but not more than four) subjects at higher level, and the remaining at standard level.
The International Baccalaureate (IB) assesses student work as direct evidence of achievement against the stated goals of the Diploma Programme (DP) courses.
DP assessment procedures measure the extent to which students have mastered advanced academic skills in fulfilling these goals, for example:
- analysing and presenting information
- evaluating and constructing arguments
- solving problems creatively
Basic skills are also assessed, including:
- retaining knowledge
- understanding key concepts
- applying standard methods.
In addition to academic skills, DP assessment encourages an international outlook and intercultural skills, wherever appropriate.
Student results are determined by performance against set standards, not by each student’s position in the overall rank order.
|Enrollment Hours||Regular Rate(THB) / Hour|
*Minimum 10 hours booking
Private Course Enrollment Hours | Regular Rate(THB) / Hour
Minimum 10 hours booking
- 10-20 Hours | 1,200 THB
- 30-50 Hours | 1,080 THB
- 60-90 Hours | 950 THB
- 100+ Hours | 900 THB
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
For Programme Enrollment & Registration Please Contact:
+66(2)2569586 ( Ms. June) email@example.com