Effective Procurement Management
The strategic importance of transparent and accountable procurement in the cost-efficient delivery of quality goods, works and services, and as a vital weapon in the battle against corruption, is now recognised by governments worldwide.
This programme develops the contemporary strategic skills and techniques required to implement the most up-to-date procurement strategies and policies. It drills down into the key areas of risk management, corruption and ethics and the monitoring and evaluation of procurement performance, addressing all of the key challenges which procurement functions will face.
Learning Outcomes / Key Takeaways
In this programme you will be able to:
- Prepare long-, medium- and short-term procurement strategic & operational plans.
- Develop procurement organization capable of implementing the procurement strategy.
- Lead and manage the implementation of the procurement strategies and plans.
- Promote the vital strategic importance of the procurement function.
- Develop detailed and realistic procurement strategies.
- Implement risk management processes, considering risks including cyber attacks, modern day slavery and geopolitical threats.
- Create strategies that minimise corruption and encourage greater integrity.
- Design and confidently use tools for monitoring procurement performance.
- Apply the latest team development techniques to improve performance.
Module 1: Purchasing and the Organisation
- Purchasing and its contribution to the organization
- The Supply Chain
- The influence of the External Environment
- Purchasing Organisations
- The Procurement Cycle
- Critical Supply Strategies
Module 2: Supplier Management
- Transforming the Supplier Relationship
- Supplier Evaluation Criteria
- Appropriate Supplier Methodologies
- Total Cost Approach
- How to be a Good Customer
- Shrinking the Supplier Base
Module 3: Communication and Change
- Communication techniques of verbal, non-verbal and written
- Methods of communication lead to more productive work and minimise stress
- Communication and interaction openness develops trust
- Identification of interpersonal interaction methods
- Recognising response to and perceptions of change
- Analysing and preparing for the human reaction to change
Module 4: Negotiation Techniques
- Avoiding Confrontational Negotiating
- Developing Active Listening Skills
- Negotiating with an Angry Person
- Power Closes that are used on the Buyer
- Understanding the other Negotiator’s Power
Module 5: Managing Procurement Talent
- Attract And Retain Supply Management Talent
- Supplier Measurement
- Vendor Rating
- Action Planning
- Price, Cost and Value
- Ways that Advanced Procurement can Improve Organization’s Finances
Each module focuses on clear objectives and skill demonstrations that can be easily linked to real life instances.
Well-balanced theoretical and practical methodology, which includes interactive discussions, case studies, interactive activities/exercises and assignments to understand the concepts and their applicability.
- 5-Day Training
- Course Notes
- Nationally Recognized and Internationally Accredited Certification
- Tea/Coffee Breaks
- Training materials (Soft file)
Participants must have attended the sessions at least 80% in order to receive a CERTIFICATE from Bangkok School of Management.
|November||27- 01 December||2023
USD 2,150 / per person
(Exclusive of VAT )
- 2-4 pax: 2.5%
- 5-7 pax: 5%
- 8-10 pax: 10%
- 11-13 pax: 15%
- 14-16 pax: 20%